Wednesday, April 3, 2013

~The Perks of Being a Wallflower Review~

Hey guys! So I'm like a HUGE fan of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Like, you don't even know. I read the book last year and I was IN LOVE. I never even saw the film until yesterday tho ;-;

I LOVED the movie and I wanted to do a review of it!



So first of all, let's talk Logan Lerman. UNF. I think he was the perfect person to play Charlie for this film. He did a magnificent job capturing the personality of Charlie as the book describes him.

I wasn't very happy about some of the other character's, though. The actors who play Sam, Patrick and Mary Elizabeth looked nothing like I imagined them by reading the book. I was really disappointed about that. Now, don't get me wrong; I LOVE Sam in this movie. I just think she's much different than I imagined her. 

Another negative comment I have about it in regards to staying true to the book is that I think they didn't emphasize Charlie's relationship with Mr. Anderson as much as it does in the book. I think they made a much bigger deal about Charlie's relationship with Mary Elizabeth than they should've. 

One thing I loved about it was the set for the movie. I think that it was perfect! It was very realistic and detailed.

All in all, I love love loved this movie. I don't know if I'd like it as much if I didn't already love the book so much, cause I already had SO MANY FEELS about it before it even started. My favorite part was near the beginning when they were at a school dance and Sam and Patrick get all excited because the dance was "ACTUALLY PLAYING GOOD MUSIC!". I about DIED when Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners started playing. Ugh, that song. Like, I can't even. <3

I hope you liked this review and I hope you liked the movie even more<3 

Currently listening to:


Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners 

because THIS SONG IS PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment