Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DIY: Easiest shirt reconstruction!

I promised I'd post a DIY soon, so here it is!
I used a boring old turquoise shirt I never wear.

First thing I did was I cut around the collar so that it would be an off-the-shoulder top.

Next, I put the shirt on and marked where I want the bottom of the shirt to be cut. I marked on both of the side seams.


Then, I cut along the line on the BACK of the shirt only.

Next I measured from the front how many inches wide the shirt is from each side seam. 

After I measured, I marked where the middle was and marked a couple inches down on each side. This is where I will be cutting for the tie.


Then, I cut along the shirt like I did on the back, until I got to where I marked. I went down diagonally from the mark and did the same on the other side.


Lastly, I cut up the middle of the triangle and tied it off.



And here is is the finished product! I ended up going back and cutting it a couple inches shorter than I originally did and turning it into a crop top so that the tie would be longer. I love it!



I hope this DIY was helpful and I hope you enjoy your new, cute shirt!

Currently listening to:


Undertow - Warpaint. I love the album art.

What should my next DIY be? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment